STYLING: JANA ZABARSKA
PHOTOGRAPHY: RUTH SCHMIDT
HAIR & MAKE UP: REBECCA KUGLER
MODEL: SONJA DAVIDSEN
We interviewed Jana Zabarska, the talented stylist who created this editorial, about her life as professional fashion stylist, the world of fashion, creativity and more:
- How did your styling career start & why did you decide to become a stylist?
I liked the idea of creating a look spontaneously, out of ready clothes, possibility of experimenting different styles rather than drawing clothes for the same type of customer like I did when I was working as a designer.
- How would you define your style?
At the moment my style is feminine and casual, suitable for everyday life.
- You have lived and worked in Munich for most of your career, how’s the fashion scene there?
Munich’s streetstyle is very sporty and comfy, but this city has more to offer than it seems, you just have to invest time.
- Do you feel like your style is different than other stylists’ in Munich? If so, in which sense?
My style is rather commercial because I have worked mainly for online shops, so it is very clean and precise, but it works well with the current zeitgeist.
- What’s the best and worst of the life of a professional stylist?
I enjoy my freedom the most, but freedom in a way means also uncertainty.
- What brands are your favorite to work with?
It is always great fun working with ArDe.
- If you could choose any model to work with, who would it be?
I don’t have an all time favourite, in this season it is Ruth Bell.
- What job are you the proudest of?
I’m proud of the fact that I never gave up.
- Who do you look up to?
That is my absolute top secret.
- You were recently signed by an agency, how does it affect your career?
I am most grateful about the fact that Fame Agency saves me from negotiating financial questions and acquiring new clients.
- You lived in Rome for a while, would you say the Italian lifestyle influenced your work?
Absolutely. My passion for styling was born in Rome. Italian women at any age are very fashion oriented, perfect hair style is a beauty basic, high heels are natural.
- Where do you search for inspiration?
Vogue, style.com, Instagram, fashion shows, travelling, independent young fashion magazines…
Any advice for upcoming stylists?
Hold onto your concept!
KEEP UP WITH JANA’S WORK: